welcome

Welcome to our blog. Feel free to check it out and make any comments. I hope this helps our friends and family keep up with what's happening on the Central Coast. Enjoy.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sandy Hook

Last Saturday, Meg and I went for a bike ride on Sandy Hook, NJ. Sandy Hook is part of the Gateway National Recreation Area. I first visited there a few weeks ago by myself and I knew I had to take Megan. It's only 30 minutes from my house and just across the water from NYC, but it feels so remote, at least this time of year. We took our beach cruisers up there on my car and rode the 8 or 9 mile loop. We even had a picnic on the beach. Here are some pictures both from my solo visit and from mine and Meg's outing.






The bay side of Sandy Hook.




I'm on the phone with Megan telling her how she needs to see this place.



Apparently, there can be some good surf here. This is the surfing beach.





Our picnic spot.




Meg's Uggs continue to be a life-saver.





Meg's one weakness.


These homes were used back in the day when the northern most part of the Hook was a functioning military base.



The proving grounds: Sandy Hook was a military testing center after the Civil War up until 1919.



You can see the NY skyline from the most northern lookout.







A view of Highlands, the city across the bay from the Hook.




4 comments:

Side of Jeffrey said...

Rad pictures dude.

Anna said...

that place looks gorgoues!! oh meggy and her diet cokes! ha ha

Stacers said...

Ok, talk about Tim Burton film. The pic with the road and the row of houses. Creepy, but really cool. We need to go there. And we can do the 8 or 9 mile bike ride with you riding a bike and pulling me in a wagon. How does that sound?

GLASFAM4EVER said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
I think it's a tie......I'm lovin' the pictures and the photographers!
Smiles,
Shay